The Vyair 4-stage RO reverse osmosis system is a new type of aquatic RO filter designed for those who don't have the space for a bigger unit. An easy to use and efficient system for removing chlorine and cloramine from tap water preparing a base water for advanced brewing techniques.
This system is equipped with two pre-filtration stages. The first is a sediment cartridge made from spun polyester. It effectively reduces and removes sediments including sand, silt, dirt, rust, etc. The second is an in-line cartridge containing granular activated coconut carbon which is designed to reduce and remove chlorine and dissolved organic substances.
The main filtration takes place on RO membrane, which reduces and removes 96-99% of all impurities from water. Waste water is poured into the drain.
The final 'polishing' stage is provided via mixed-bed ion-exchange resin. It consists of a carefully blended mixture of virgin raw materials, strong acid cation and strong base anion resins.
This reverse osmosis water filter does rely on you having a strong mains water pressure. Please do not buy this item if you do not have a good water pressure. This unit operates best at input water pressures of between 40psi (3 Bar) and 60psi (4 Bar). We would suggest that this is not suitable for use with gravity-fed cold water systems (where the water is stored in the loft). Normal UK water pressure should start from around 3 bar or above.
- System dimensions (H x W x D): 370 x 80 x 210 (mm)
- Working Temp.: 5°C - 40°C (41ºF - 104ºF)
- Operating Pressure: 3 bar (43.5 psi) - 6 bar (87 psi)
- Inlet feed water connector: 1/4”
- Flow rate: 50 gallons-per-day
- Typical Rejection Rate: 98% TDS (Total Dissolved Solids)
- TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) < 1800 ppm
- pH Parameters: 2 – 11
- Iron: 0.2 ppm maximum
- Turbidity < 5 NTU
Complete Package Contains:
- The 4-Stage Compact is supplied with the following cartridges: PP, T33
- 330ML MB-115 mixed-bed colour-change DI resin (provides approximately 1 fill of the resin chamber)
- RO membrane element type: RO-1812-50 thin film composite
- Outside tap connector and spanner for RO housing
- 10" transparent housing for DI resin chamber
- 1/4" tubing for system connection (5 metres)
- 300cc flow restrictor and manual flush switch
- Instructions manual
STAGE, PART#, COMPONENT, FUNCTION:
- Inline PP - 10" in-line sediment cartridge (pre-filter) spun polypropylene. 5 micron sediment filter traps dirt, sediment, rust and other particulate matter.
- T33 Inline Carbon - 10" in-line coconut shell carbon cartridge (pre-filter). Activated carbon filter is used to reduce chlorine, colour, taste, odour and other organic impurities.
- 50GPD Membrane - Thin film composite reverse osmosis membrane (50 GPD - US Gallons), 0.0001 micron. Semi-permeable membrane reduces salts, minerals, metals, bacteria, viruses, cysts, TDS, hardness, fluoride, pesticides, lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic and more. Due to the time needed to reduce all these ingredients we strongly recommend purchasing a water storage tank with your RO system.
- MB-115 Resin - Mixture of cation and anion de-ionisation resin combined in a 40/60 blend. Mixed-bed demineralizer is used for final water polishing to clean the last few ions within water prior to use. A single pass through a mixed-bed ion-exchange column results in the purest water that can possibly be made.
Important: Do not use with water that is micro-biologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system. Water filtration systems can help reduce the presence of contaminants. In addition, some water filtration systems can help reduce the presence of micro-organisms or other contaminants that pose potential health risks.
Limited Warranty: Vyair warrants that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty, together with any and all warranties implied by law, shall be limited to a period of twelve (12) months from the date of original purchase. This limited warranty does not apply to failures that result from abuse, misuse, alteration or failure to properly comply with installation, or cartridge change instructions. Vyair strongly recommends adding to all point of use filtration systems a Pressure Limiting Valve (contact us for further details) to guard against unwanted extreme water pressure events, pressure increases, surges, and water hammer which could occur in the water pipes. Not having one installed could mean that if you ever did have to claim damage caused by a burst water filter system, your claim could be denied.